Welcome to ACT’s Humanitarian Response Online Toolkit!
The purpose of the Online Toolkit is to provide its members with all the necessary and relevant information and tools to allow them to undertake their specific tasks during an emergency response in a timely and efficient manner.
Practically speaking, the Online Toolkit is a webpage that is dedicated to humanitarian response. It is intended to be a “one-stop shop” where all information, tools, policies, protocols and guidance needed can be found to carry out an emergency response. Moreover, it is structured in such a way that it is easy to navigate.
ACT Humanitarian Mechanism
months now, ACT’s Humanitarian Mechanism (HM) has been under intense revision
and the fruits of this lengthy process are nearly ready to be savored. The revised HM addresses the need for
improved speed, quality and scale to enable a more effective ACT response to
people affected by crisis. In a
nutshell, the following new exciting changes can be expected:
- Elimination of the "one-size fits all" approach
- Tools and administrative procedure have been streamlined and are multi-purposed
- Resources are easily accessible via an online platform (ACT's Humanitarian Toolkit)
- Use of the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) as the ACT framework for quality and accountability
- Integration of humanitarian advocacy within our response
The video below provides an overview of how the changes to ACT's Humanitarian Mechanism (HM) improve the quality and effectiveness of the assistance we provide to communities and affected people.